Child Death Reviews
A Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP) was established by Durham Local Safeguarding Children Board and Darlington Safeguarding Children Board to ensure that each child death had an appropriate review.
The Child Death Overview Panel is a sub-committee of both Durham and Darlington LSCBs. It is responsible for reviewing the available information on all child deaths and is accountable to the LSCB Chair. You can download the Child Death Review Annual Report from the link below.
Serious Case Reviews
A Serious Case Review (SCR) is Undertaken by Durham LSCB for every case where the criteria is met as set out in Working Together 2015. Serious Case Reviews are carried out to ensure that lessons are learnt.
- Abuse or neglect is known – or suspected – and either:
- A child dies
- A child is seriously harmed and there are concerns about how organisations or professionals worked together to protect the child
- A child dies while being detained in custody; in police custody; on remand or following sentencing in a Young Offender Institution; in a secure training centre or a secure children’s home or where the child was detained under the Mental Health Act 2005
- Suspected suicide cases
- Serious Case Reviews are carried out to ensure that lessons are learnt
Once completed Durham LSCB will publish an anonymised report below.
- Overview Report – Final Child M – Published 17 October 2016.